Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Intro

This is my first post on the new blog, and I think that I should first talk about the purpose of this blog. I want to use this outlet first and foremost to collect all the info on my past and present projects so that anyone interested in what I'm up to can see pictures and explanations of whatever I'm tinkering with in the garage at the moment, and also to serve as a kind of portfolio of my interests and what I have accomplished for any potential employers.
The first several posts in this blog will be my back collection of completed (and often incomplete) projects, I won't be adding a ton of details on theses, but anyone interested in further info on them can contact me.
I have always been interested in figuring out how things work, and my dad always fostered this fascination in me by bringing home all sorts of obsolete and defunct electronics for me to disassemble from his work. I was always fascinated by the inner workings of all those laptops, VCRs, and other devices, but they remained a mystery to me until later when I was old enough to begin understanding their secrets. Now, with several years of college under my belt I am finally able to create my own new devices from scratch. There is a something about being able to design, build and program a new electronic device myself that gives me a lot of pride, and I think that is the main reason I am pursuing a career in electrical engineering.

No comments:

Post a Comment