Thursday, June 21, 2012

Oscilloscope

Got something cool in the mail today, my first real oscilloscope! Its an Owon SDS7102V digital storage scope, it seems to be the best bang-for-the-buck that I could find anywhere. I ordered it from Saelig electronics, they gave me free shipping and a 5% educational discount. It has the largest, highest resolution display(800x600) and the deepest memory(10M) of any scope in its price class, plus it's thin and portable. The ADC used in this scope is a Chinese clone of a much more expensive chip, but it is actually built for the 1 Gsa/s speed and 100MHz bandwidth whereas typically other scopes in this price range use a combination of lower spec interleaved ADCs to get the job done. I got the optional Li-Ion battery with it as well so I can use it wherever without having to drag out the extension cord. So far I am very happy with it, I am still learning how to use some of the features but I am sure it will come in handy.

No comments:

Post a Comment