Sunday, June 2, 2013

Radio, Completed.

After several hours of polishing and a complete set of new capacitors, The radio looks and works as well as it did when it was new! After installing the new capacitors it fired right up, and the AM receiver was working great, but I discovered a pentode tube with a burned out filament in one of the FM IF amplifier stages. After its replacement, FM radio works beautifully too. I found a replacement knob on the antique radio forums, and gave the gold emblems and trim a fresh coat of paint, and it is now finished! Very happy with how it has turned out, and its new polypropylene film capacitors should allow it to keep working well for many more years.

No comments:

Post a Comment